Intro to Robo:
S.T.E.A.M. Robotics Carnival for Youth
A Robotics Carnival for Foster Youth
“Intro to Robo” is an Introduction to Robotics that engages at-risk and foster youth by bringing them awareness to Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, Arts and Mathematics, (S.T.E.A.M.) opportunities. This event will motivate and encourage children, youth and their caregivers, students and their family ideas of becoming leaders in S.T.E.A.M. career fields. Far too many of our foster youth are behind in academics and don’t have access or opportunities to be introduced in these fields. By engaging them in this event, the goal is to ignite an academic pursuit to build S.T.E.A.M. skills that transpire innovation, construct career opportunities, and nurture well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, transformation, and leadership abilities. It is a known fact that S.T.E.A.M. increases academic levels and “Intro to Robo” can stimulate the attendees to want to be more academically inclined through its fun, exciting, interesting, and colorful approach, but most of all, to demonstrate how it ties into people's day-to-day lives that can lead to some of the most lucrative careers.
Be a Sponsor
Sponsor a station!
• SCIENCE — Learning activities based on the Sciences are used to engage students and make them more comfortable with the field of Science.
• TECHNOLOGY — These learning activities can consist of hardware and software that peak students’ interest in technology of today and in the future.
• ENGINEERING — Whether mechanical, electrical or digital engineering, students should learn the options available in this field of study.
• ARTS — At this station we are looking for new ways to experience the arts while embracing what the arts does to enliven our landscape.
• AGRICULTURE — Understanding the growth process of anything allows students to be patient and learn what it takes to make something great from very little.
• MATH — This station will use math to compliment the other stations and to show students practical applications that can lead to great careers.
• MEDICINE — Build healthier communities by improving the quality of life that extends the care, knowledge and expertise for better mind, body and spirit.
• Logo on opening step & repeat
• Signage/banner at their station at the event
• Press call outs on radio, television and in print
• Digital imprint on Living Advantage website
• Social media call outs before, during and post event
• Recognition at event
• Allow up to 500 youth to learn about Station specific sponsor information